Winter Academy 2017
The Winter Academy is an intense, four-day clinic that introduces participants to international drills, unique training concepts, and essential lifestyle fundamentals. The clinic will also focus on several out-of-the-water topics such as nutrition, physical therapy, college admissions, networking with coaches and more - helping form more well-rounded and successful young athletes.
- Tony Azevedo: 5x Olympian & Silver Medalist
- Merrill Moses: 3x Olympian, Silver Medalist (goalie) & Pepperdine Coach
- guest Maggie Steffens: 2x Olympian & 2x Gold Medalist
- Four days of intense water polo training
- On-site physical therapy from a renowned sports trainer
- Four lunchtime talks on various important topics
- Participation in the Tony Azevedo Tournament + special prizes and awards
- One custom Tony Azevedo HardCore suit (both men and women)
- On-deck snacks and protein shakes provided by Amazing Grass
- Filtered water
Extra! Meet our on-site Olympic physical trainers who will be on deck attending to all participants:
Carling McMichael DC, CCSP (December 27 & 28)
Kenny Schroeder (December 29 & 30)
What to Bring
- Extra snacks
- Cash/credit to purchase limited-edition HardCore gear on deck
- $10 to purchase signed water polo balls on the last day
We offer the option to purchase gourmet lunch boxes (two days will be hot plated) catered by Primal Alchemy. Chef Paul has created four unique menus for each day of the clinic, based on seasonal, local & nutritional produce. The cost per lunch is $20, or $80 total.
If you do not choose to pre-order these lunches, you will be responsible for packing your own lunch each day.
The Winter Academy is not an overnight clinic, but we do recognize that many participants will be traveling from out of town. Here are our suggestions for where to stay:
TBA based on location
Please sign up for our mailing list to receive other important updates.