Summer Academy 2018
The Summer Academy is a six-day clinic that will take place in Southern CA and will add a session in the Bay Area in 2018. This intense clinic will offer participants a once-in-a-lifetime chance to rapidly elevate their water polo games. Tony is partnered with Adam Wright, Head Men's Coach at UCLA, to create an event where athletes will learn invaluable skills in and out of the water, build important networking connections for college and beyond, and create lasting friendships.
Registration Coming Soon
A Skill Evaluation is combination of certain sport specific conditioning drills to determine speed, strength and skill level. Tony & Adam will run 6-8 water polo specific drills where participants will be videoed and have their times recorded. The results will be added to an online database where athletes and parents can: 1) gain a solid understanding of how they rank against other kids in the same age/skill bracket and a realistic picture of their abilities; 2) follow a clear plan to advance their skills; 3) access parents resources on how to build and manage your a serious career in water polo.
- Six days of intense water polo training
- Optional lodging at nearby hotels
- On-site physical therapy from Tony’s renowned Olympic trainers
- Daily lunchtime talks on various important topics
- Participation in the Tony Azevedo Tournament + special prizes and awards
- Off-deck activities and events
What to Bring
- Appropriate gear for both in/out of the pool for the duration of the clinic
- Extra snacks/water
- Cash/credit to purchase limited-edition Azevedo Water Polo gear on deck
A hot gourmet lunch prepared by Zen Craft Catering will be provided on deck each afternoon. Participants can choose between three entrees, all accompanied by fresh salad and home-baked bread. Refreshments such as pomegranate mint limeade will keep participants well hydrated.
Since good nutrition is key to top athletic performance, these meals are made with organic ingredients and fresh produce.Please note that you will have the option to purchase this lunch option during the registration process ($10 per day). If you do not choose this option you will be responsible for packing your own lunch.